Saturday, January 24, 2009

thought dream 012109

Excuse the mess.
Excuse the miss.
Excuse the mist.
Excuse the most.
Excuse the lost.
Excuse the list.
Excuse the lust.
Excuse the bust.
Excuse the best.
Excuse the beat
Excuse the bear.
Excuse the beer.
Excuse the seer.
Excuse the seen.
Excuse the seem.
Excuse the stem.
Excuse the step.
Excuse the stop.
Excuse the slop.
Excuse the slip.
Excuse the clip.
Excuse the clap.
Excuse the clam.
Excuse the clan.
Excuse the plan.
Excuse the flan.
Excuse the flap.
Excuse the flat.
Excuse the slat.
Excuse the seat.
Excuse the meat.
Excuse the melt.
Excuse the belt.
Excuse the bell.
Excuse the bill.
Excuse the bile.
Excuse the bite.
Excuse the bits.
Excuse the bets.
Excuse the Mets.
Excuse the mess.

Excuse this wayward journey back to the point where I began.

7 comments:

Darren Chase said...

tomorrow is today, William, tomorrow is today

pbwiener said...

I like this and the other poems of the last few weeks. What's going on? This is a voice of yours I haven't heard. You're on a tear....

Anonymous said...

Wow,I understand where your coming from....Nice.

David

cowboyangel said...

Darren,

Damn, you're right. You wrote that yesterday, which was today then, and I'm reading it today, which is tomorrow for you. So tomorrow is today.

But, then, tomorrow is also yesterday, isn't it. At least if you had written that on the 23rd.

Which also means that today is yesterday. Or it will be tomorrow.

cowboyangel said...

Thanks, Paul.

Not sure I would classify these as poems exactly. More like things that could become poems if I worked on them more. Or, in the case of Sally and Peter, a short story, perhaps.

This one was really just a game. change one letter to make a new word. I forget what you call that.

But, I appreciate the comment.

cowboyangel said...

David,

I'm a little scared that you understand where I'm coming from, because it's not necessarily a pretty or coherent place. But thanks!

Hope you're well. Finding some work?

Anonymous said...

William
It seems some of the words you used
indicate some current frustrations.

Thats all.......my opinion.

David